New: Summer camps for children and adults now being booked!
Download: The Horse Rider’s Code of Conduct
Happy Valley Riding School was established 47 years ago and is located directly on the Sussex Downs between the city of Brighton and Worthing Town Centre. A family run Riding School and Livery yard, we offer horse riding for everyone aged between 4 and 104!
- Lessons for all ages and abilities
- Large Sand School 60 m x 25 m (197' x 82') with floodlit facilities
- Private or Group Lessons available
- Hacking on the Sussex Downs (we are located directly on the Downs - no road work)
- Stable Days for Children during the school holidays
- Riding hats available to use
- Horse Management courses run
- Pony Parties - Birthday 1 hour or 1/2 hour
- Pub Rides
- River Rides
- Open 7 days a week
- Experienced and friendly instructors
- Nervous and Novice Riders welcomed
At Happy Valley you will receive a pleasant and warm welcome from our team - Lucy Pettett, Esther Turrell and Carla Pay. We are here to cater for your equestrian needs from basic lessons to long enjoyable hacks.
We emphasize on safety and your well-being. Beginners are warmly welcomed, to riders that just like to hack.
Our location directly on the Sussex Downs is perfect for road free hacking. Our carefully chosen horses and ponies are for all standards of riders.
We look forward to seeing you soon.